- Q: Is it intentional that in some configurations in one or two player, it's impossible to get the requisite number of clues to complete scenario 1 of The Circle Undone, The Witching Hour? A: Thanks for bringing this problem to my attention! We've heard a few reports of this, so the team has been discussing how best to handle this issue. For now, I believe the best way to handle this is to revise the setup so that the players put a total of 5 Witch-Haunted Woods locations into play during setup, instead of 4 (as evenly as possible in front of the investigators, with any excess in front of the lead investigator). This should ensure that there are always at least 6 clues among just the Witch-Haunted Woods locations, regardless of what other locations emerge later in the scenario.
In a future FAQ we will either issue an errata to make this change permanent, or issue another errata which should solve the issue, but for now players should play with this change in place. If the change is made permanent I will make sure that the PDF of the Campaign Guide on our website is revised to reflect the change.UPDATE: The Setup to The Witching Hour should read: "Put 5 Witch-Haunted Woods locations into play as follows: In player order, each investigator puts 1 random Witch-Haunted Woods location into play in front of him or her, until there are exactly 5 Witch-Haunted Woods locations in play (see “Lost and Separated,” below). For example: In a 1-player game, there should be 5 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of that investigator. In a 2-player game, there should be 3 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of the lead investigator and 2 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of the other investigator. In a 3-player game, there should be 2 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of the lead investigator, 2 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of the next investigator, and 1 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of the final investigator. In a 4-player game, there should be 2 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of the lead investigator, and 1 Witch-Haunted Woods in front of each other investigator." - FAQ, v.1.5, April 2019
Witch-Haunted Woods - Retro
The Lonely Tree
You cannot investigate this location while you have between 3 and 5 cards in hand.
: You choose and discard 1 card from your hand, then an investigator at a different Witch-Haunted Woods draws 1 card, or vice versa. (Limit once per round.)
- Witch-Haunted Woods: Abandoned Mine The Circle Undone #58
- Witch-Haunted Woods: Cairn Stones The Circle Undone #59
- Witch-Haunted Woods: Child's Tree House The Circle Undone #61
- Witch-Haunted Woods: Tainted Well The Circle Undone #62
- Witch-Haunted Woods: Hermit's House The Circle Undone #63
- Witch-Haunted Woods: Overgrown Barn The Circle Undone #64
No review yet for this card.