- This effect will evade and exhaust all enemies in your location, even those that you're not engaged with (Aloof, and those engaged with other players).
Eludi. Eludi automaticamente tutti i nemici nel tuo luogo.
Cunning Distraction is more often included thanks to it's awesome artwork and the icons than for the ability it provides. Cunning Distraction causes all enemies at your location to be evaded and therefore exhausted, even Elite foes, without drawing a token from the chaos bag. This has a number of benefits. Now that enemies are exhausted, they can't take attacks of opportunity, they can't retaliate, they can't move during the enemy phase (if a Hunter), and they can't attack during the enemy phase. They also won't follow you if you want to move. Everyone gets this benefit. If you and/or a partner is swarmed with enemies, Cunning Distraction is a great get out of jail free card. The enemies will of course ready during the Upkeep phase, this buys you some time. But there is a rub in it.
How likely are you and your fellow investigators assembled at one spot and overrun by enemies at the same time?
How likely is it that you are at a location with three or more enemies at once?
No question, you can play the event when fewer foes pressure you, but five resources seem a steep investment for the short respite you are rewarded with. If you plan to use it against the big baddies, be warned, though: some of them have forced abilities that readies them prior to the Enemy phase; causing them to wallop investigators none-the-less!
- Guaranteed evade. This can save you many conventional evasion attempts.
- All enemies at your location are evaded and exhausted, this includes Elite and Aloof and may free other investigators from engagement, too.
- You should combo Cunning Distraction with other cards to maximize it's value: Sneak Attack, Close Call, Pickpocketing.
- Agnes would rather use this card for skill test commitment.
- High play cost.
- One-time effect only.
- All current survivors have an Agility base value of 3, which is sufficient to evade most threats on easy/standard difficulty.