This card is insanely good! Have you ever built a Rogue deck that was based on assembling a big combo? Well now you can assemble said combo much more quickly. All most Rogues will need to get decent digs is Lockpicks, but there are a few other ways as well, such as Well Connected and Money Talks. Money Talks is especially bonkers, because it's quite possible to build Rogue deck that can horde 50 or more resources. You'll probably be able to search your entire deck with that. Even if you don't have a way to oversucceed immediately, you'll probably occasionally draw a 0 on a test. It's also still an improvement on the original, because you only need to succeed by 1 instead of 2 to get a draw. Finally, if you're taking it as a 2-of without Relic Hunter, the second copy isn't a dead draw, as it has a generous for icons. Not bad for an asset.
Some specific combos to highlight (apart from those already mentioned):
- Joey "The Rat" Vigil can get this into play fast (Take that, Pickpocketing (2)).
- Backpack (especially the new one from RttFA) can dig it out of your deck.
- Parallel back Skids can use this to trigger Surprising Find.
- Parallel front Skids can use his ability to trigger a 0 difficulty test to try to trigger this.
- Finn Edwards can trigger Astounding Revelation. I'll bet there's a Finn Rook / Practice Makes Perfect / Three Aces deck to be had here.
- Three Aces - It will finally be playable outside of Mandy Thompson.
- Scavenging - You can Scavenge this.
- Relic Hunter - get 2 digs instead of one.
- One-of assets - The second copy of Switchblade (2) is not terribly useful.
- Versatile - Okay, maybe a stretch, but it does help compensate for a thicker deck.